Skin Tightening and Body Contouring Lasers
HIFU ( High Intensity Focused Ultrasound)
HIFU is a non surgical, non-invasive technology for skin tightening & face lifting. This procedure delivers high intensity focused ultrasound to the deeper layers of the skin. Skin tightening is achieved by heat stimulated collagen production in the dernis and contraction of the smas (superficial musculo aponeurotic system)
The machine uses high intensity focused ultrasound energy at specific depths, targeting the skin, muscle & fat layers causing vibration of fat cells leading to friction & heat that disrupts fat cells at temperature greater than 58 degree celcius to destroy small targeted fat cells without affecting the surrounding tissue the skin surface is unaffected.
The application of heat at these discrete thermal coagulation points causes collagen fibres to contract & stimulate new collagen. By targeting the smas, non-invasive tightening & lifting of sagging skin & improvement in the appearance of wrinkles can be achieved.
The deeper tightening takes 4 – 8 weeks for the complete effect to become apparent and if required can be repeated in 6-12 months.
Pre- and Post-Procedure Instructions
- Stop all medicated applications on face 1 day before and 1 day after the treatment
- Use a sunscreen of SPF 30 daily after the procedure
- Use make-up, if you have to, 3 hours after the procedure
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun during and between treatments
- Mild redness of the skin might be observed after the treatment, which settles down in the next few hours.